China Records More Cases As 2nd Wave Of Virus Continues

China Records More Cases As 2nd Wave Of Virus Continues

The Chinese government on Thursday said it received reports of nine new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland.

The National Health Commission stated that all the new cases were imported, adding that of the nine new imported cases, three were reported in Liaoning and Shanghai each, two in Guangdong, and one in Sichuan.

Read Also: U.S. Hits Another Humongous Coronavirus Toll, 3rd Day In A Row

The health commission also stated that no new deaths related to the disease or new suspected cases were reported.

”On Wednesday, 42 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery.

”By the end of Wednesday, a total of 1,958 imported cases had been reported on the mainland.

”Of them, 1,884 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 74 remained hospitalized, with no one in serious conditions.

”No deaths from the imported cases had been reported.

”As of Wednesday, the overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,581 including 357 patients who were still being treated, with five in severe conditions.

”Altogether, 78,590 people had been discharged after recovery, and 4,634 had died of the disease on the mainland,” the commission said.

The commission said five people, including two from outside the mainland, were still suspected of being infected with the virus.

According to the commission, 3,840 close contacts were still under medical observation after 706 people were discharged from medical observation on Wednesday.

 

AFRICA TODAY NEWS, NEW YORK

Share this post

Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email

Related news

New deadly virus surfaces in China

New Deadly Virus Surfaces In China

China, where the coronavirus was detected last December, is now facing a new health threat from another virus, that is tick-borne. The virus causes a

Ondo Doctors Finally Suspend Strike

Ondo Doctors Finally Suspend Strike

Doctors under the auspices of the National Association of Government General Medical and Dental Practitioners (NAGGMDP), in Ondo State on Monday suspended their one-month-old strike.

Scroll to Top