Listen to article
Boko Haram terrorists have claimed responsibility for the Nigerian Air Force’s Alpha Jet that went missing in Borno State declaring that it was responsible for shooting it down.
The contentious Alpha jet aircraft NAF 475 went off the radar on Wednesday, which made many people suspect that it might have crashed.
However, in a video released on Friday the terrorists, said it shot down the Alpha jet.
The unverified video, released on a Boko Haram social media channel showed a militant standing on what the group claims were the wreckage of the jet.
To further butress this claim, it also showed the Nigerian flag and number NAF 475 on its fuselage.
The terrorists said, ‘Nigeria air force jet fighter… was sent to Sambisa to fight the Mujahideen.’
Earlier on Friday, a statement issued by Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, Director of Public Relations and Information, NAF, said intelligence report gathered by the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) indicated that the Alpha Jet aircraft (NAF475) that went off the radar with two crew members on board on 31 March 2021 might have crashed.
AFRICA TODAY NEWS, NEW YORK