Scores Killed As Special Force Battles Terrorists On Kaduna Highway
Listen to article

The Special Force has been deployed to flush out terrorists responsible for the spate of kidnappings and attacks of travellers on the Kaduna-Abuja highway.

Scores of bandits suspected to be behind recent abductions have been neutralized, reports PR Nigeria.

The news platform said it has seen a video footage of corpses of more than a dozen kidnappers that were killed this week.

Some of the corpses were recognised as residents within some of the communities.

Read Also: Why Kaduna Residents Should Reject PDP In 2023 – El-Rufai

A security source told PRNigeria that there was a massive deployment of troops comprising military, police and intelligence operatives in selected communities along the highways.

‘Before the Presidential directive, some deployments were effected. The directive has now influenced more deployment and provision of equipment and intelligence gathering tools to fight the bandits’.

‘We have so far killed more than a dozen armed bandits who attempted to escape on motorcycles after sighting the movements of the troops.’

‘Most of them are behind recent abductions on the highways as some people identified the corpses as known faces within the communities,’ a top Military source told PRNigeria on the condition of anonymity.

President Muhammadu Buhari, on Thursday, gave marching orders to the security chiefs to go after insurgents, bandits and terrorists.

The order was issued at the meeting of the National Security Council (NSC).

He asked the security agents to ruthless and merciless.

 

AFRICA TODAY NEWS, NEW YORK

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.